I think we can all agree that 2020 has not been a great year so far. As the winter season is about to kick off this year, we have outlined a list of important items that we recommend stocking up soon.
Plan to have all of this ready before the first winter scare happens. (We all know that fear of running out of toilet paper…. let’s not repeat that again). When I say “winter scare”, I mean the first snowfall or cold snap not the dreaded second wave.
As always, make sure you have your COVID-19 PPE Kit fully stocked and ready. Refer to the experts regarding what you need in order to keep yourself and others safe. For everything else winter-related, you’re in the right place.
Top 7 Things you Need to Survive a 2020 Winter
- Try to get a big and sturdy one that can hold A LOT of weight. Snow can be heavy. You don’t want one breaking when you need to get out of the driveway.
- If you’ve got a large driveway or sidewalk, it might be a good idea to have one. But if you aren’t able to make the investment, no biggie. A shovel will take more time but you’ll get it.
- Ice Scraper
- Perfect for ice on the windshield of your car, get on the road quickly and easily with minimal delay.
- Warm Clothes
- Waterproof gloves, jacket, hat, scarf, and warm pants are some very important things you should have as you prepare to clear your driveway.
- Proper Footwear
- Warm boots and warm socks will go a long way when you are out in cold weather. Stay comfortable without having to escape to the Bahamas for the warmth.
- Ice Control Products
- Ice melt, Salt, or Traction-Aid products such as LavaGrip Traction-Aid are excellent products to use when considering ice control.
- Ice Control Dispensers
- Fortunately, some products come with a refillable dispenser or scoop to use when applying the product. Follow the manufacturer instructions to make sure you are using enough and not too much.
With all of this in place, you will be ready for a brutal 2020 winter.